Do the following:
1. On your desktop, double-click My Computer and then go to the file(s) or folder(s) you want to copy.
2. Use the following to select file(s), folder(s) or both:
· For single files or folders, use the left mouse button.
· For multiple files or folders or both, use the left mouse button along with the CTRL key or the SHIFT key.
3. Press CTRL-C to copy your selection.
4. Go to a location where you want to create a backup folder.
5. Click File > New > Folder, and then type the name of the backup folder.
6. Double-click the backup folder and then press CTRL-V to paste your selection into it.